Call for Volunteers
+ Flandrau Science Center Volunteers
Flandrau is looking for people interested in science who want to share their excitement, knowledge, and skills.
A variety of opportunities both behind the scenes and working with the public.
Comprehensive orientation and general training sessions plus specialized training for specific volunteer job are available, so a background in science is not required.
Volunteers have the oppotunity to learn about history, astronomy, biology, physics, optics, and many other fields. Volunteers learn how science centers operate behind-the-scenes.
Most volunteer positions have minimum time commitments (i.e. 3-10 horurs per month for a year). You are required to set a regularly scheduled time to volunteer.
Read a full description and dowload an application at the Flandrau Volunteer webpage
+ Retailing & Consumer Sciences: Food Choice Study Needs Volunteers
- Participate in a UA study about decision making and consumer food choices
- RCS wants to understand how you shop for, prepare, consume, and discard food in your household.
- As a study participant, you wil be interviewed at the beginning and end of a 2-week time period.
- Between interviews, you will fill out a brief online record of your food choices every day (food quantities and ingredient lists not required).
- In all, you should expect to spend about 4-5 hours participating in the study over a 2-3 week period.
- You will be compensated for your time and effort.
- To learn more and to sign up as a participant, go to http://cals.arizona.edu/foodstudy/.
+ UA for You: Outreach and Extension - MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement)
Volunteer as a mentor with the UA for You: MESA partnership. MESA provides opportunities for ethnic minorities, low income, and first-generation college-bound students to explore college majors and careers. MESA promotes a strong academic foundation in math and science as the key to college admission and success. Hands-on activities and competitions are highlighted in order to increase student confidence in these areas.
For more information on MESA, see the UA for You MESA website.
- UA Environment and Sustainability Portal: Student Research Jobs, Interships, Volunteer Opportunities
- UA For You: Outreach and Extension (a wide range of Areas, including Water, and Activity & Resource Types)
- Go to the UA homepage and use the Search box (try "volunteer opportunities")